Robert N. Allen, Jr.
International business and superyacht lawyer Bob Allen founded Robert Allen Law 30 years ago. He has more than 35 years of experience counseling clients on legal matters involving both U.S. and international issues and has a dynamic practice focusing on the yachting industry.
- The Yacht Business
- Superyacht Transactions
- General Business and Corporate Law
- Foreign Investment
- International Structures and Transactions
- Yacht Law: Bob represents buyers, sellers, manufacturers, distributors brokers and trade associations with respect to all aspects of the yacht business and yacht transactions.
- Corporate, Business and Lending Law: Bob advises companies with respect to the legal aspects of establishing and running their business. He advises nonprofit companies, board of directors, individual directors, officers and company managers on their duties, obligations, and potential liabilities and lenders with respect to diverse lending transactions.
- International Law: Bob advises numerous multinational corporations across the U.S. and the world
- 1981, J.D., University of Notre Dame;
- Writing Program Director, Book Reviews Editor, Member, Notre Dame Law Review, 1979-1981;
- Best Advocate, Jessup International Moot Court Competition, Central Regional, 1980
- 1978, B.A., International Relations, New College of the University of South Florida
- Universidad Francisco Marroquin, Guatemala City, Guatemala
- 1979, Escuela Libre de Derecho, Mexico City, Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Marine Industries Association of South Florida
- Marine Industry Association of Palm Beach
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Yacht Brokers Association of America
- International Yacht Brokers Association
- U.S. Superyacht Association
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- The Federalist Society
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed as one of the Top Lawyers in South Florida by The South Florida Legal Guide
- Ranked in the Chambers High Net Worth 2018 list
Published Work and Lectures
Bob regularly publishes articles regarding Yacht Law topics and speaks at leading Yacht Law seminars in the U.S and Europe.
- Advanced Conference on Commercial Real Estate Leases, 1989
- In July 2019, Governor Ron DeSantis appointed Bob to the Judicial Nominating Commission for the 4th District Court of Appeals.
- Bob founded and served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Miami Bridge, Inc., Miami-Dade County’s largest facility for troubled youth.
- Bob served as part of the legal team for the George W. Bush campaign in the Bush v. Gore litigation, as well as Legal Counsel and Finance Chairman to the Republican Party of Miami-Dade County.
- Bob served, by appointment of Governor Jeb Bush as a Commissioner of the Judicial Nominating Commission for the 11th Judicial Circuit and as a member of the Board of Trustees of New College of Florida.
- Bob served as member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of The Ocean Conservancy, the world’s oldest and largest non-profit dedicated to the conservation of the oceans.
- Bob was the Republican Party candidate for the United States Congress, Florida District 19, in 1990.
- Bob has served as member of the Board of Trustees of St. Thomas University and as a member of the Board of Directors of the College Assistance Program of Miami-Dade County.
Robert Allen Law has offices in The Four Seasons Office Tower in the heart of the Miami financial district and in Palm Beach, Florida.
(p) 305.372.3300 (f) 305.379.7018
For yacht-specific inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com